Lots of people ask us how to deal with the beard shadow showing under their foundation. You may have found yourself in a situation where you have created a beautiful face but you can still see the beard shadow under your foundation. No matter how close a shave you achieve it still seems visible.
Here is a simple, eight step guide, on how to help hide the shadow:
1. Prepare the skin by moisturising, let it sink in and apply a good primer. Primers help to minimise pores, fine lines and your foundation will last longer.
2. The beard area is considered blue in colour. Colour theory tells us colours opposite each other, on the colour wheel, will cancel each other out. Looking at blue on the colour wheel you will notice that the opposite colour is orange. This is the colour we use to nutralise the beard shadow.
4. Which product is best for this? We use an GiveFace product ‘Beard Blocker’. You may notice that this isn’t a bright orange but more of a pink / orange.
NYX have the ‘Concealer Jar’ in ‘orange.
5. Apply your concealer to all areas of the face that you can see shadow. If in doubt cover the whole beard area.
6. Blend out all hard edges with a soft blending brush.
7. It is important to seal the concealer with a translucent power. Some even use talc. This will prevent the colour mixing with your foundation.
8. Now it’s time for the foundation. When applying the foundation it is best to press or stipple the foundation onto the skin using a round dense brush. This again helps to prevent the colours from mixing. We love to use NYX ‘Stay Matte But Not Flat’ foundation. Its great coverage and doesn’t cake. Remember to seal your foundation with a good mineral powder.
We hope this helps you get a super flawless finish but with no embarrassing beard shadow showing through.
If you are still unsure why not book in for a makeup lesson here: Book me in baby!
Good luck and much love, the Born Team. xxx